Oracle announced today the availability of Oracle Retail Release 16, which empowers retailers to deliver unified consumer experiences across ecommerce and brick and mortar locations. The new release reflects insights of our global customer community regarding shared business challenges and more than 100,000 development days invested via Oracle’s renowned research and development team, culminating in the retail industry’s most advanced and mobile-enabled cloud services and on-premise solutions.
“As retailers invest in new markets and offerings for 2017, having the right infrastructure, optimization science and mobile solutions will become a critical competitive advantage,” said Ray Carlin, senior vice president and general manager of Oracle Retail. “Oracle’s Cloud First strategy enables us to deliver a steady cadence of innovation to our global retail customers, and we are taking the industry’s leading retail science and best practices to a new level with Oracle Retail Release 16.”Expanding Cloud Services for Retailers
Oracle Retail recognizes the industry is in a period of migration to cloud technologies and has put in place a strategy that will support cloud and on-premise solutions, empowering customers to migrate to the cloud at a pace that meets their strategic needs.
“Access to retail-specific cloud services is a critical differentiator for brands to streamline operations, expand offerings and scale at a fast pace,” said Ray Carlin, senior vice president and general manager of Oracle Retail. “With Oracle Retail Release 16, brands of all sizes can access best-in-class industry solutions through our world-class cloud services.”
- On-Premise to Cloud: Oracle extends its industry-leading Oracle Retail Planning and Optimization technology to the cloud and enables retailers to reduce implementation costs with the Oracle Retail Planning Enterprise Cloud Service platform. The shift to next generation cloud-based planning capabilities allows retailers to plan by exception and scale when needed by paying for capacity used.
- The Power of the Cloud: Oracle now offers over 33 Oracle Retail cloud services including its industry leading merchandising solution with documented best practices and automation of key process at a lower cost.
Making Critical Merchandising Operations Mobile
“We optimized Oracle Retail Suite 16 for a mobile environment recognizing that old and new generations want to use consistent technology at home and at work,” said Jeff Warren, vice president product strategy at Oracle Retail. “Our platform is engineered to accelerate critical decision making through a powerful interface for managers and analysts that is built upon machine learning and data analytics.”
- Reduce Labor Cost: Oracle Retail Release 16 accelerates user productivity by leveraging persona-based dashboards at the core of the solution and highlighting opportunities that will impact service levels, inventory margins and key business metrics. These new persona-based dashboards empower users to be more efficient by surfacing key actions and metrics that are relevant to the user, driving increased productivity and ultimately empowering them.
- Modern Exception Based Retailing: The new modern, user experience and mobile applications across Oracle Retail Merchandising Release 16 place business intelligence and analytics at the front of every process to enable collaboration & empower associates with context to make better & faster decisions. With this release, Oracle Retail Merchandising is expanded to support Android and Apple devices which increase managerial productivity through exception-based reporting and transaction approvals. These additions extend existing buying, allocating, inventory management, sales auditing and invoice-matching capabilities to mobile devices.
Giving Store Associates a Fully Informed Mobile Solution
Oracle Retail is also bridging the productivity gaps between online and traditional point of sale functionality, through mobile experiences that inspire store associates to engage consumers away from the register.
- Converged Commerce: Also now available, the Oracle Retail Extension Module for Oracle Commerce allows retailers to deliver a common brand experience across all touch points by using Oracle Cloud Services to manage orders, optimize fulfillment decisions, and give everyone the same single view of customers across your enterprise. Oracle’s Xstore POS also enables retailers to help customers pick up, complete, or change purchases from any location by integrating with Oracle Retail Customer Engagement Software, Oracle Retail Order Broker and Oracle Retail Order Management System.
- Better Together: The mobile Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service is also optimized to provide traditional web functionality like in-depth product details, ratings and reviews, and task management so associates are able to engage consumers away from the register with deep insights operating on the Oracle MICROS Family Workstation.
- Mobility Everywhere: With this release, Oracle Retail Xstore now offers four different ways for store employees to engage – using a traditional fixed device, dockable tablets, tablets, and mobile. All use the same POS platform and provide full check out, CRM visibility, cross- and up-sell functionality, fulfillment, search, price check and loyalty program integration from any device.